History

Innovating in plastics since 1938

Scroll

We were founded in 1938

Founded in 1938 as Iplex Plastics, the company has played a leading role in the development of plastic components in New Zealand and Australia. Pioneering plastics since 1962

Pioneering plastics in 1962

In 1962, Iplex pioneered the introduction of plastic pipes to New Zealand. Many firsts followed— including the introduction of moulded PVC plumbing fittings, dual hardness rubber ring joints for PVC pressure pipes, Blue Brute uPVC Pressure Pipes, Rhino modified PVC pressure pipes, APOLLO™ PVC-O pressure pipes, Black Max and Nexus twinwall drainage pipes, the Pro-fit polybutylene hot and cold water plumbing system and HOBAS centrifugally cast GRP pipes. Each of these developments, at the time, represented a major advance in the acceptance and use of plastics in pipelines.

Aquired by Crane & Wavin in 1997

Iplex, known at the time as James Hardie Pipelines, was sold by James Hardie Industries in October 1997 to a joint venture owned 75 percent by the Crane Group and 25 percent by the Netherlands-based company Wavin.

We became part of Fletcher Building in 2011

In April 2011 the Crane Group was acquired by Fletcher Building. Iplex now operates as part of the Fletcher Building global community with more than 19,000 people across 40 countries. Dual listed on both the New Zealand Stock Exchange (NZX) and the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the ticker code FBU, Fletcher Building is an integrated manufacturer and distributor of infrastructure and building products. Fletcher Building subsidiaries include, Fletcher Construction, New Zealand’s leading general contractor, and Fletcher Residential.